Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wherefore art thou...art???





I'm looking thru some movie posters on "animated" films, and one (among many) is really ecgh!! It's for a movie called Legend of the Guardians. I haven't seen this film, I haven't read the books and I don't really care to. The reason for this? NO LIFE IN THE CHARACTERS!!! The poster looks dead, the stills that they show..dead. There's no life in the eyes. I know this is a cg film but the least they could do is design the characters with appeal. I don't care if it has big names doing the voices, or box office potential. It seems they're doing films now with everything thrown in there except quality or appeal. I'll say it again....ecgh. I know it's supposed to look like it's real but isn't that what animation is for?....to ANIMATE!!!! It's about the expressions, not the perfect count of feathers. Look at some of these frames from cartoons as opposed to the frames from the film...which has more life?





1 comment:

  1. The CG Owls movie is pretty good - you should check it out before ye cast judgment.

    ReplyDelete